Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yet-another-review :)

Okay, sentimental posts are just not me. That's a given now!
Aside, I finally got to watch The Devil Wears Prada today, and Wow. Just Wow. Not having read the book(oh how I want to now!), I am totally in love with the director. And boy, Meryl Streep is a perfect piece of work. The way i had to strain my ears to catch her every word, it felt like sitting right there in Anne Hathaway's shoes(isn't that literally a treat!?, sure the feet would weep themselves to death..) .I didn't dare to gulp the rest of my lunch down for fear of missing something.
The way Anne transforms into a thorough-bred Perfect Assistant is so simple and natural, and totally appealing. The story is predictable and so it's actually smooth sailing for the first time viewer, and yet, my hunch is if you're watching it for the second time you might get a pleasant surprise, in that you don't want to, rather can't narrate the story to your friend who's watching for the first time.
Also, what might really strike a chord is how a human side to The Devil is portrayed. Sans make up and in her pajamas, with a perfectly balanced tear, Streep manages to carry it off flawlessly with the same tone that helps the Devil get to her, the sardonic comments are totally in place, and you'd still want to show some sympathy!
Watch it for her. And all the vogue. Who knows, you might just end up changing the way you walk!

1 comment:

mRED said...

interesting.

guess its time someone started following Ms.Streep :p