Sunday, September 13, 2009

It was all meant to be.

Always thought life was white and snowy
Just didnt wanna know it was not.
Always wished for things too early
Could have waited, it's my fault.

Why would I be upset and complain
When all is fine and set to rumble
But in fact its all a new terrain
'Course its my fault when I stumble

Lots of wise words from everyone
All having sense, I'm guessing
After all, they say, it's your decision
Wont take no blame for messing.

All the hope and faith I had
On the plans that had been laid
Of a life-like dream I'd had
Or is it a dreamy life I lead?

In the mechanics of routine life
The little joys I've lost
Like golden rows of candlelight
In a hallway caught by a draught.

Standing under the shower
I wash my woes away
It's right then that I wonder
Why it rained today.

4 comments:

Kiran Danduprolu said...

Didnt know we had a blogger and a poet among us ... Is this post based on true feelings or is it just another poem from yet another poet :P

BTW your other post 'the end of life as I know it' reminded me of our 4th year days ...

anusha said...

First off, thanks for commenting!
The poem is both. And i'm not yet another poet. How many people you know write poems? It's not like being a software engineer!

Kiran Danduprolu said...

I know about 10-12 friends from my batch in college who are into poetry and write poems to some extent ...

I completely agree that poetry needs quite some talent ...

Kiran Danduprolu said...

(continued ...) and is definitely not as easy as being a software engineer

Your blog archive suggests that you have been a on and off blogger since '06 like most blogging friends of mine ...